Explore the future energy system!
The 2015 Paris Climate Agreement means countries are making plans to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. In those plans, emissions from energy use play a big role. The transition of the energy system can take different directions, while many options affect each other. The ETM is developed to improve everyone's understanding of the energy system in order to make more substantiated plans.
Start a new scenario…
To start a new scenario, choose one of our modelled regions and a year in the future. Not sure what to choose? The Netherlands is our most detailed region, and 2050 is commonly used when simulating energy and climate scenarios.
Start an existing scenario…
- National scenarios for the Netherlands
- Netherlands 100% Sustainable Energy in 2030
- Netherlands II3050 European CO2 governance
- Netherlands II3050 International governance
- Netherlands II3050 National governance
- Netherlands II3050 Regional governance
- Northern Ireland Business as Usual 2050
- Northern Ireland Diverse 2050
- Northern Ireland High Electrification 2050
- Northern Ireland High Gasification 2050
- Netherlands Draft Climate and Energy Agreement (KEA)
- Scenarios for provinces and regions in the Netherlands
- West- en Midden-Brabant Regional energy strategy
- West- en Midden-Brabant Variation with offshore wind
Get a better sense of the need for flexibility in your scenarios with four new charts which explain how supply and demand compare on various timescales. Customise the curves used by hourly calculations, download copies of charts, and more...
Local vs. global
Explore how individual regions can be combined, and contribute to a larger whole.
Transition path charts
Explore the possible transition paths to a scenario for 2050 and discover the actions and consequences for aspired goals in 2023, 2030 and 2040.
Explore the possibilities of coupling energy models and start a scenario based on an energy system caputured in an ESDL (Energy System Description Language) file.
The Energy Transition Model is open-source and developed by Quintel Intelligence.